In every life there is a myriad of events, decisions and circumstances to create one history — a unique lifetime. Once polished and refined, these raw gems shine.
This is the power of memoir: Everyone has a story.
LifeGems is our imprint for guiding you through the process of organizing, writing, and publishing personal life stories and histories.
We do what we do because we feel passionate about the importance of preserving personal, family and community history.
And because we love what we do, we do it exceptionally well!
Whether you are considering a full-length memoir, family history, or the novel you just finished, we can help you take the process from writing through production, into the hands of your friends, family and readers.
LifeGems will work with you to research and compile information, organize photographs and memorabilia and produce a history you will be proud to give to loved ones, or even market to the general public.
We offer the following packages and options for producing a beautiful story to share. We encourage you to let your imagination dictate your personal history destination.
Whatever way you choose, save the stories!
- Manuscript over 30,000 words (80 plus pages) produced as a hard-cover or soft-cover book, to client’s specifications.
- Written by LifeGems Personal Histories based on taped interviews with the subject (may include others, at the client’s request); may also include independent research by LifeGems, by request
- Manuscripts can also be developed from (or enhanced by) hand-written notes, letters, manuscripts or recorded tapes
- Order one copy, or thousands: you dictate the print run. Since LifeGems works with numerous printers, we will help you choose the printer best suited to your needs
Commemorative Life Story
- Manuscript up to 10,000 words (about 25 pages) produced as a hard-cover or soft-cover book to client’s specifications.
- Written by LifeGems Personal Histories based on interviews with the subject.
- Manuscript up to 2,500 words (about 5 pages).
- Written by LifeGems Personal Histories based on 1- to 2-hour interview with the subject or client.
- LifeGems Personal Histories will arrange all the publishing and production details for your personal or family history volume, in soft-cover or hardcover.
- Custom designs produced by LifeGems Personal Histories will incorporate your images and text compatibly, ensuring a highly professional, quality finish for your personal, family or corporate history at prices suited to every budget.
- We will work with you to determine the ideal quantity of books to print that will best serve your needs and your project budget. To make your initial decision regarding order quantity easier, your finished artwork is kept on file for future orders.
LifeGems Family Tree Books
- Transform your genealogical data into beautifully crafted books. Commemorate a family reunion, Golden and Diamond Anniversaries, milestone birthdays, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day or Christmas with an unique keepsake gift for every member of your family.
Ready to Get Started?
Ready to start telling your story? Contact us now to discuss your project and we will put together a full quote for you.
If you are a DIY type, you may find everything you’re looking for in my publication: The Gift: Sharing Your Life Lessons with the People You Love Most. I wrote it with this thought in mind: I can’t reach everyone personally, but maybe I can help others to help themselves. It will walk you through the process of creating your own memoir with step-by-step instructions and a workbook for your own notes.